30 October 2010

Ghost Feet


I saw this craft in a magazine once and we've been doing it every year since.  We just trace each child's foot, give it arms or wings or whatever they would be, and decorate it a bit.  I love to see how much each of them has grown over the years. 

As the kids get older, they want the Halloween decorations to be scarier and creepier.  This is one cute tradition at our house that I am going to hang on to as long as I can.  Some day, I may have to sneak into their rooms at night and trace their feet while they sleep, but I will.

I've seen a similar idea done at Christmas but the foot is turned into a reindeer head with hands traced for antlers.

Edit:  Here's a photo of some of them flying up the stairs.  If you look closely, you'll see that the kids are trying their best to 'evil' them up nowadays.

3 comments:

ARose and Catherine said...

I like how you used an old photo of Daniel's foot. Do you use a roll of paper for his cut-out now a days?
I do like this...fun!

jdz said...

Funny... but Daniel does use up an entire piece of paper now.

Dan DaMan said...

Ghost feet are pretty cool but what wonderfully crafty things can you come up with for hands? That would be a challenge...

Now go impress me woman! I love you... :)

D.